Our client is a leading global provider of climate-control solutions for heating, cooling, ventilation, and refrigeration, for both commercial and residential purposes. The client’s Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) team deals with a large volume of data sets across revenue, margin, cost, and others.
They wanted to analyze data for three product categories to get actionable insights – Accessories (E.g., Boiler Coils, Cooling Accessories), Equipment (E.g., Dry Charge, Aire Flo), and Parts & Supply (E.g., AC covers, Bearings).
- Variances are calculated on the fly in the web application, which causes a delay in displaying results/charts on the application
- User requests to add a new Dealer or Sales office have to be done manually
- Received various files through Secure File Transfer Protocol which were processed by Talend jobs
- Updated data in the database, which was used to calculate variances. Calculated variances on the fly (not stored in the database)
- Delivered the following solutions to the FP&A team:
- PVM (Price Volume Mix) Analyzer – To calculate variances based on flexible time period given by the user
- Data Analyzer – To look at Quantity, Revenue, and Margin variances by specific groupings not available in PVM Analyzer
- PerformanceToPlan – To compare monthly variance forecast to actuals by Product categories
- Forecast Creator – To generate a new forecast from actuals/previous forecast
- Automated notifications and report generations to aid quick turnaround time
- Delivered accurate results to ensure the business could consume the output
- Enabled ease of analysis by comparing any forecast/plan/actuals