Our client is one of the largest Fortune 500 American manufacturers of industrial tools, household hardware, and provider of security products.
The client wanted to strengthen their vendor management process and monitor their procurement spend by building a Data Lake and execute analytics projects utilizing the Data Lake, starting with depicting the analysis of procurement spend (direct and indirect). They wanted a flexible data lake that will allow adding more sources in the future.
- Data had to be captured from more than 20 ERP systems (Microsoft, SAP & Oracle) to a Data Lake and made available for dashboarding
- Integrated Direct spend data (Sales, Purchasing, Warehouse, Inventory) from multiple ERP systems
- Pulled Indirect spend data from internal filing systems and external data from market indices, and other macroeconomic factors
- Productionized storage process & built quality control for the Data Lake
- Executed analytics use cases to ensure business consumption through dashboards
- Developed a comprehensive and flexible data lake to ingest and process all existing supply chain data
- Executed analytics projects across multiple themes including real-time visualization of spend data, input cost optimization, price floors for products, and indirect spend optimization