Our client is a mid-market Private Equity firm that invests in growth-oriented, innovative companies operating in the Business Services and Consumer Sectors. The client wanted to build a Prospect 360 customized as per their focus areas and investment philosophy over a cloud platform.
They wanted to
- Identify gaps in the current data and build data acquisition strategy including paid data products, data extraction frameworks from documents and public sites
- Design and build data infrastructure on the cloud with end-to-end data management, automated data ingestion, storage, transformation, quality checks, and governance
- Very limited data available to make a good assessment in the early stages of evaluation
- Disjointed systems, data spread across multiple excel, PDF files, etc. Extremely difficult to retrieve data/analysis from prior deals
- Manual data extraction from company documents and spreadsheet-based models/reports, resulting in longer analysis time, and loss of information
- Analyzed current data on coverage and accuracy and identified new data types required e.g., digital information, triggers, social sentiments, etc.
- Analyzed vendor universe for individual data types based on coverage, accuracy, ease of collection, and cost. Recommended final set of vendors/products for purchase.
- Designed and built a cost-efficient and scalable AWS based data platform
- Set up automated data extraction pipelines for externally sourced paid and public data, documents, and stored in an easy-to-use format.
- Built data transformation and quality checks rules, periodic health reports, and governance structure for effective data management
- Set up a cost-effective maintenance process for smooth operations
- Custom Prospect 360 with more than 500 raw data elements for watchlist firms
- ~10x increase in the prospect database
- Enabled downstream BI and data science use cases
- Scalable, cost-effective, and highly customizable platform