Our client is a leading Indian automotive manufacturer. The client had a fall in vehicle sales despite the launch of new products. They wanted to stop the decline in product category share and hence were interested to know the factors impacting sales. They also wanted to see if they were spending enough on promotions.
The client wanted to identify the reasons for the continued decline in sales and identify actionable levers for driving sales growth.
- Lack of quality customer data in the CRM System
- Data spread across multiple systems with no common defined identifier
- Sparse data in certain states
- Analyzed CRM data (Existing customers, number of dealerships, campaign spend data), alarm data (Sensor Type, sensor state), and finance data (customer profile – income, occupation, age, down payment, tenure, interest rates)
- Sourced census data to understand population metrics, infrastructure metrics, demonetization, and other factors
- Performed exploratory analysis. Five states accounted for 80% of the national category sales. Hence, carried out the exploratory analysis by five states, 190 districts, and seven town classes
- Developed models to identify key drivers for growth